Top 5 Reasons to Hire a Writer
Let’s face it: the digital world is here to stay and if all of us are going to be using websites and social media to communicate, shop, share and live then we had better be doing it well. One of the biggest stumbling blocks that is facing companies, non-profits and charities these days is good, quality content on the social media and websites that keeps them informative, relevant and interesting. This is because of a very simple fact of life: Web designers and business owners are not writers. Here is a very short but convincing list of reasons you should hire a writer today.
- It’s their job. Simple, right? Most successful business owners or managers are those people that realize they need to put their talent in all of the right places. You’re not going to ask your sales director to sit down and write a few blogs a week. A writer loves writing and is darn good at it too, so why not put them in charge of the content for your website, blogs and company eBooks? They won’t get sick of it. They’ll flourish and, as a result, your business online presence and power will flourish too.
- It’s what they’re trained to do. There are not many people who can claim to have written hundreds of blog articles and even millions of words, but writers can. Most writers have Arts degrees (or two, or three) and so have been trained and conditioned in the art of writing papers in very short periods of time that have to be relevant and concise. Most writers have honed their craft with other writers and willingly have subjected themselves to rigorous peer review to perfect their skill, page after page, word after word. We’ll leave the business to you if you leave the writing to us.
- It will make your life so much easier. Why fight and struggle to generate a few paragraphs of writing for a blog article or suffer with an EBook on your to-do-list for months? If you hire a writer, you can spend your precious little time on more important things like other areas of business, developing new products and services, or even taking time off to spend with family.
- It will increase your business. Hiring a writer means you are going to get more content onto your website and social media. Diversified, regular content updates, particularly on blogs or media streams increases your hit rate via search engines and the likelihood that someone will seek out your business online or because they found you online. It also generates more word-of-mouth marketing by increasing your online presence and your “shareability”. The more you post online, the more you will be talked about. Household name status leads to more business. Period.
- It can make you a pioneer in your industry. There is a lot of big business that is really slow to get on the technological bandwagon and often, when they do, their approach can be a bit archaic (see: old fashioned, not hip). By hiring a web-savvy writer, you’re investing in your own company and raising your status from dowdy, run-of-the-mill business to an industry pioneer that all the cool cats are talking about. Hire a writer today and watch your business grow, transform and blossom for the better.